Monday, February 28, 2011

Project 365: #52 - Vacancy


52 of 365
Originally uploaded by caliguyinmn
Today I tried to go out and get some outdoor photos. The reality of winter struck me. It is obviously cold, but even more so, it is desolate. You get very tired of seeing white. I know winter can provide some amazing photo opportunities but I think I'm just done with it for the year. The only photo that resonated with me was one of this small wooden birdhouse behind my place. It has sat empty all winter, as it does every year. I have on a few occasions glanced at it wishing there were a couple birds perching. That woulds not only provide for a cool photo potentially but also would mean summer was at least near. But today as I looked at I took in the way it sat vacant all winter and also imagined a "For Rent" ad in the paper. Another night and day will pass and it will still not see a bird even come check it out. However, when summer returns so will the birds and the scene you see before you will be just a memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment