Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Project 365: #46 - Flora


46 of 365
Originally uploaded by caliguyinmn
Even in the dead of winter, if you look hard enough you can find flowers that are in full bloom. In my case, I just have to look toward the table to the right of the sofa where my roommate has a few plants growing. I have been trying to figure out I was going to capture these flowers and finally a bout of inspiration struck. I ended up using a tripod to get this shot so I could do a longer exposure in my dimly lit living room rather than having a noisy photograph. I have read that tripods are ideal for macro shots and now I can see why. There is no motion blur from shaky hands and I can get interesting angles a lot easier. It allows me to experiment with any number of other features on the camera without being limited by the need for high shutter speeds. It's as if I am shooting on a bright sunny day without needing any sun at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment