Sunday, February 27, 2011

Project 365: #50 - Looking In


50 of 365
Originally uploaded by caliguyinmn
Today stretched me like I did not know it could. I photographed an entire day's worth of dates that culminated with a proposal. It was a blast and exciting knowing what was to come while Sara was clueless. I took A LOT of photographs and there was quite a bit of mediocre shots but this one stood out to me. It is not technically satisfying but conceptually, I love it. The proposal was at this coffee shop with huge windows. It was very intentional and the windows afforded me an opportunity to get some perspective shots that normally I could only dream. This wide-angle shot through the window was taken of the two completing a puzzle, which led to Josh popping the question. It's almost as if the viewer is peering through a large TV into this intimate moment. I felt like a creeper at times but in those moments I got the shots I especially like. I learned a lot today, including that I need to not be such a perfectionist. I will ALWAYS find something I can do better and that is ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment