Friday, February 11, 2011

Project 365: #35 - Excelsior & Grand


35 of 365
Originally uploaded by caliguyinmn
Tonight, I was beyond excited for warm weather. Just so there is no confusion, warm weather this time of year is anything hovering around 30 degrees. Warmer weather allowed me to take a photo I have had my eye on since getting the Canon. At least once a day I drive by the intersection of Excelsior and Grand and at night it is a real sight. The way the lighting is positioned and set is one of my favorite things about the neighborhood I live in. The trick is that you can't properly capture the scene without being able to take advantage of longer exposures of a couple seconds or better. This takes a bit of time to setup properly, so a couple seconds of shooting may take 5-10 minutes of total time. As you might imagine, this isn't something I am crazy enough to do when we are struggling to reach subzero temperatures. Luckily, I was able to spend the time I wanted to get the shot that's been taunting me for the last few months. So, at last, here it is. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment