Sunday, February 27, 2011

Project 365: #51 - Hidden Face


51 of 365
Originally uploaded by caliguyinmn
Although not the case in reality, when I first eyed this shot, I thought it sort of looked like Aaron was without a face. I kept getting shots of the back of his head almost exclusively. It wasn't until I imported the photo that I saw how cool the shot actually was. It did look good in color but as I have learned, black and white can truly make a photo stand out. Tonight I was shooting the baptism service at church and it was tricky trying to adjust to the constantly changing lights. But, in the moments I did use the light rather than it winning the battle, I was able to take the sort of shots that are typical of my developing style. The contrast of dark and light are powerful and do a wonderful job providing depth and mood to a photo like almost nothing else can. There is still so much I must learn and practice to get to the level I expect I can. Time and hard work are in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment