Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Project 365: #40 - HHR


40 of 365
Originally uploaded by caliguyinmn
I'm very grateful insurance allows me to have a rental vehicle as I wait for my RAV4 to get repaired. That being said, I'm not at all fond of the Chevrolet HHR. It feels like a box of death with bad blind spots and a poor attempt at masking a Chevy Cavalier. So, I think it only right that I make the most of it and add it to my photo project. After all, I plan on looking back over the year and linking each photo with a memory. Tonight my focus was on practicing long exposures. I have a great lens, a solid tripod, a remote shutter release and a dimly light parking lot. It's a good recipe for experimenting. The detail this photo displays with such little available light blows my mind. Most of this can't be seen unless you magnify the image multiple times, but take my word for it; it's there. Noise is an interesting effect to deal with but that is why you go through post-processing. Anyway, enjoy the attempt by Chevy to make an old-looking car and my attempt to replicate an older looking photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment