Friday, February 25, 2011

Project 365: #49 - Splash


49 of 365
Originally uploaded by caliguyinmn
Tonight was a great night to finally try a shot I've been wanting to. I now understand better why more people don't regularly do these shots. They are tough, especially for a perfectionist like me. I like the concept of the photo a lot, but the execution leaves me frustrated. I know I needed more light; probably a whole setup, but I decided to go at without even the on camera flash. So, it lacks the crispness I would want in future attempts. Ok, enough negativity. I do like the photo, and it is rather fun and challenging to make happen. For any fellow photographers who read this, try it if you haven't. Taking this photo left me wanting to go at it again like no other yet. I think that says something about the nature of the shot. Never again will I be able to recreate this exact moment but the setup (plus reflectors and a flash) can produce something similar but better and new. Ah liquid, how I am mesmerized by you and frustrated all at the same time. Anyway, I would really appreciate feedback on this shot, especially if you've tried something similar. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment