Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Project 365: #33 - Faces of Drew


33 of 365
Originally uploaded by caliguyinmn
Have you ever had to pick between a number of good options and couldn't? That was my dilemma tonight. Luckily, I didn't have to choose just one. Tonight, I practiced using the 75-300mm lens, tripod and remote shutter release. I was drawn to the facial expressions of our SrHi pastor, Drew Johnson. He is a rather expressive individual and he did not disappoint while delivering the message this evening. I have seen similar compilations on flickr and see it as a good way to complete the story one photo can tell by adding it to a set of photos. This collage has life to it that an individual photo would lack. Although I really do like the end product, I think this is a technique I will use sparingly because I fear overusing it as opposed to letting the power of one photo stand alone. Anyway, I hope you get at least a fraction of the enjoyment out of viewing this as I did creating it from taking the photos to completing the end product.

No comments:

Post a Comment