Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Project 365: #26 - Bokeh Abstract


26 of 365
Originally uploaded by caliguyinmn
One of the key reasons I'm doing this Project 365 is to learn the various techniques I enjoy seeing displayed. One that especially mesmerizes me is photographers who effectively use bokeh, or in simple terms, out of focus light. When used well it can create some of the coolest photos. So, that was tonight's focus. The limitation however, is that I don't always have the time to intentionally seek out lighting that would make for some cool bokeh. Tonight I got lucky though in that I had a multitude of lights at my disposal at church. I really am quite pleased with this photo because I did no editing whatsoever. The colors you see are exactly what the camera captured. It's simple yet, in my opinion, striking. Although I really rather prefer crisp, sharp, detailed images, I think mixing in a little bokeh can be quite powerful. Next bokeh task, combine boken into a portrait. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment