Sunday, February 20, 2011

Project 365: #42 - Through a Lens


42 of 365
Originally uploaded by caliguyinmn
Light is such a crazy thing for photographers. It can make or break a shot or at least change the mood and story of a shot. Liquids do the strangest things with it, but so does glass. It illuminates an otherwise dark foreground in this shot. It gives the subject depth and shape that a shadow by itself would not. It gives direction to the way he is looking and can cause the viewer to wonder what he might be looking at. Light is the key to a photo. This weekend, it was my friend and enemy all rolled in one, but as I look at this photo I'm reminded not just of the shot but what was going at the time because I know where his eyes were fixed. I took another shot before this were the back of his head was lit as well and it lacked any interest, but by removing the light through the wonders of the camera, I got this shot. It's as if I am seeing not just the person but sort of what he is as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment