Sunday, February 13, 2011

Project 365: #37 - Ariana


37 of 365
Originally uploaded by caliguyinmn
I had been looking forward to today because my absolute favorite subjects to photograph are children. They are absolutely precious and never seem to offer the same exact expression twice. Plus, they are a challenge. You have to be ready to shoot at all times because you never know when you'll get a certain smile or look and you may not have another opportunity. Lucky for me, Ariana provided a number of great opportunities for me to capture her. The lighting in the church where she was being baptized was nearly ideal as it let in just enough soft light to get optimal exposure. Between her baptism and the service she went from wide awake to sound asleep and back again. When awake she seemed to know what do when the camera was on her. I still have some work to do with my 50mm and L-series lens to get better with using them but today was a step in the right direction. Congratulations Meghan, Justin and Ariana! It was a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment