Sunday, February 20, 2011

Project 365: #43 - Chance Shot


43 of 365
Originally uploaded by caliguyinmn
I will never claim that photos I take are always intricately planned out. Sometimes I get lucky. I might have an idea of what I want but for some reason don't get to look through the viewfinder. This was one of those photos. I had the camera up especially high on the tripod and had taken a seat with the remote shutter release in my hand. Suddenly I peered to my left and saw Derrin (the subject) talking in the mic and thought what a good opportunity to get a portrait of her for the weekend. All I could do in the situation was turn the camera toward her and press the button on the remote. Looking through the viewfinder wasn't happening. So I was amazed when I saw the image preview that this was the resulting photo. Yes, I might have wanted a different focal point but I really like this shot. I especially like it because of the way things just worked out. Maybe I need to start randomly pointing and shooting more often. Nah.

No comments:

Post a Comment