Monday, February 21, 2011

Project 365: #45 - Greasy Goodness


45 of 365
Originally uploaded by caliguyinmn
Perhaps you have noticed my eclectic taste in food. Sushi, Chipotle and, yes, even pizza make my list. But pizza is not a preferred choice of food or photo. It is a product of convenience and crappy weather. I decided after getting home from work tonight that I wanted nothing to do with going outside in the snow and thus limited my photo opportunity options. However, I did learn something new tonight. Despite my preference away from using the on-camera flash, it can make for well lit shots that show the detail a photo deserves. After all, this shot might have looked fine without extra light but let's be honest, what is a photo of pizza that does not depict the grease it is smothered in? Notice the way the meat and cheese glisten. It's a thing of beauty. But seriously, flash can do a lot to help get the most out of the shot and I need to stop ignoring it as a tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment