Saturday, February 12, 2011

Project 365: #36 - Focus on the Details


36 of 365
Originally uploaded by caliguyinmn
Today was the second day of "good" weather. That was evidenced by the number of people who took their dogs out for some socializing. My coworker Todd had his dogs out and were the focus of my photography, so I feel bad that my favorite shot is of a random pup. But I could not pass this one up, especially after taking a closer look at it after importing it onto the laptop. It, by far, is the crispest, most detailed photo I've ever taken. Just look at the details of the snow over his eyes down to the individual hairs. The lens has a lot to do with it as I used my first L series. It really does make a difference. Dogs were a great test for me today to see how I could do with composition and constant focusing of quick moving subjects. People usually don't move as much, thank goodness, so shooting the baptism should be a little bit easier while still presenting its own challenges. SPOILER ALERT: Be prepared for a cute family portrait for tomorrow's photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment