Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Project 365: #39 - Reflections of War (sort of)


39 of 365
Originally uploaded by caliguyinmn
Since getting the L-series lens I've been dying to try out some candid portrait shots. Tonight my roommate feel victim to my guerilla style photography as I shot him while he was deep in concentration, trying to defeat the enemy. Ok, it wasn't anything close to the real thing but as close as most of us will have to know, playing CoD from the comfort of our couch on our HDTV's. Not only did the lens get incredible detail of individual hairs and pores but zoomed in you can clearly see an amazingly crisp reflection of the television screen on his glasses. I think I might actually be a decent portrait photographer if I take more time to focus manually and setup lighting. Shots like tonight's just prove that the quality of lens and camera can compensate for a mediocre photographer. It also proves that the sky is the limit if I invest the time to perfect the craft. If only it would continue to warm up I would be outside every day, but for now I will learn how to take good indoor photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment