Monday, February 7, 2011

Project 365: #31 - Lights That Follow Us


31 of 365
Originally uploaded by caliguyinmn
Here is yet an example of one of my other favorite types of shots. I don't know what it is about photographing the reflection of a mirror, but it fascinates me the mood that can be portrayed. It exhibits a point of view we can all relate unless you have never had the pleasure of sitting in the passenger seat staring at the row of cars following you. Lighting and composition for these kinds of shots present their own challenges that more traditional shots don't. So, it is no wonder that my first attempt at this kind of photo was lacking in sharpness and clarity, but perhaps that is my own pickiness shining through. I need to keep experimenting with these shots and try different subjects, times of day and movement. At some point I will need to find an open road with one heck of a scene to drive away from.

No comments:

Post a Comment