Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Project 365: #81 - Bullseye

81 of 365 by caliguyinmn
81 of 365, a photo by caliguyinmn on Flickr.
Today I knew I wanted to use the 430EX II and the new flash diffuser. I bought the diffuser because even bouncing flash off of walls and ceilings can still produce a harsh, direct light. The diffuser softens the light noticeably. To test it I shot this in the basement of my place with no provided light. I set the flash and camera to TTL to let the camera decide the right amount of light, shooting at f/2.5 and 1/60. Normally any flash, off camera or not, the subject is very bright and does not have natural shadows. With the diffuser it clearly does. Where you can really see this is in the wings of the darts. They are evenly lit and it looks so darn natural. Even looking beyond the darts to the board behind it, you can see the same gradient of light as in the foreground. I am very glad I bought this diffuser and will be using it a lot in portraits and events, indoors and outside. Still learning, still growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment