Sunday, March 27, 2011

Project 365: #79 - Glowing Gate

79 of 365 by caliguyinmn
79 of 365, a photo by caliguyinmn on Flickr.
Today I was intentional about shooting at sunset. I wanted to get the extreme light/shadow effect and I think I did pretty well, especially with this photo. I really like the way the sun washes out the gate to complete white. I also am a fan of the color palette God gave me to work with. It was a perfect orange, pink and purple combination the sunset created and I remember why I love photography as the sun dips below the horizon. It creates such a great edgy sort of mood. I was using today to get a better feel for how light behaves at sunset so that when I do photo shoots, I know what times provide the best angle of light. As it warms up, I will start getting to photograph people. I suppose I might be one of the few crazies who will go outside just for a good photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment