Thursday, March 10, 2011

Project 365: #62 - The Dock

62 of 365 by caliguyinmn
62 of 365 a photo by caliguyinmn on Flickr.
Tonight I walked around downtown for just a little bit. I took shots of the buildings and the streets but what grabbed me after looking back at all the photos was the one of the loading dock. The way it was lit was eerie and, to be honest, quite creepy. It made me think of Saw or some other similar scary flick. So immediately I knew I had to add in some grain and fade the colors just a bit. It definitely added to that feel and I think it has the most character out of any of the photos in the Project 365. It communicates a sort of raw emotion that most photos just don't. The goal for me is to be conscious of the emotion I want a particular photo to communicate. It means using composition, exposure, angle and lighting in the right combination. So I hope this photo gives you the creeps, but only just a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment