Saturday, March 19, 2011

Project 365: #71 - City Living

71 of 365 by caliguyinmn
71 of 365 a photo by caliguyinmn on Flickr.
Tonight was only the third time I've not take a photo with my 20D, but that wasn't going to keep me from taking a photo. Although I don't use it much my Incredible still takes decent shots. I was actually reminded that there are a minimum of two components to a good photo; the camera and the photographer. You can have the best camera known to man, but if you as the one taking the shot don't know how to get what you want out of it, it means nothing. This photo was taken from the patio atop sky-rise apartments where a friend of mine lives. The view from the middle of downtown Minneapolis is quite obviously filled with lights and skyscrapers. But it is one I don't regularly get to see and I think there is a ton of potential for a more elaborate shoot. Although the photo is full of noise, I love the reflection off the neighboring buildings and beams of lights from the streetlights below. Living deep in the city sure is different than living in the suburbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment