Sunday, March 20, 2011

Project 365: #72 - Encore

72 of 365 by caliguyinmn
72 of 365 a photo by caliguyinmn on Flickr.
Today's photo was intentionally with two items I've previously used. I was experimenting with the aperture, depth of field and how distance could affect the look of the whole photo. I really like how sharp the cards are while the candle is softly out of focus. It makes the cards stand out so much more than if the background subject was in focus. The reason I was playing with depth of field was to practice with the new 50mm f/1.4. It really does make a significant difference in picture quality and was a good upgrade. It's kinda crazy to see how I've learned what the 50mm lenses can do and how to make the most of them. The more I've taken photos the more I am intrigued the possibilities and continue to see the world in a new way. I bet I could come back to this same scene and see something entirely different in another couple months.

No comments:

Post a Comment