Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Project 365: #60 - Beads and Bokeh

60 of 365 by caliguyinmn
60 of 365 a photo by caliguyinmn on Flickr.
Nothing says Mardi Gras like bright colors, loud music and beads. Well despite the lack of color and music, I was very much able to photograph beads. Although this photo is far from being perfectly focused, that is not what I cared about tonight. I was more intrigued by the shallow depth of field and the bokeh from the beads in the back. It was nice to remember why I love my 50 mm lens. It does such a great job at allowing me to shoot very specific points of interest while blurring out anything in the immediate foreground and background. As I look back on this photo, it almost makes me envision someone with blurry, possibly intoxicated vision, pondering the beauty of the beads. Regardless, the light was cool at McCoy's and made for some fun shooting tonight. Good food, good friends, good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment