Friday, March 11, 2011

Project 365: #63 - Soft Spectrum

63 of 365 by caliguyinmn
63 of 365 a photo by caliguyinmn on Flickr.
Today I very deliberately sought out color. As the snow melts, I yearn for the colors of spring. However, Target will have to do for at least this photo. I like the chromatic progression and the way it pulls you through the frame. Angle and depth of field help give this shot a bit more life than it may have otherwise had. It is after all just stacks of folded towels. But by limiting the area of the photo in focus it gives it a punch. One thing is for sure. I love me some depth play. I can't stand shooting closeup style shots without a shallow depth of field. They just come across as bland and boring when I take them with a smaller aperture. Perhaps I'm getting picky, but hopefully my future clients will appreciate that. I am a perfectionist and it has most certainly bled into my photos. I can always make a photo better in my eyes and will do what is needed to make that happen. I still have much I want to improve but I sense it starting to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment