Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Project 365: #54 - Plastic Shadows

54 of 365 by caliguyinmn
54 of 365 a photo by caliguyinmn on Flickr.
You know I'm in need of inspiration when the photo of the day is a white plastic cup. Yes, I was intentional about the photo tonight, but it is starting to show that I'm desperate to shoot color and people and light. I am far from being bored with this project but I have noticed that my photos over the last week have been lacking much life. I mean, seriously, a plastic cup was what caught my eye? I want to photograph dogs running and kids laughing and flowers blooming. I think I need to take tonight as a wake up call. I really want to be more creative in my indoor shots. I want to play with light and colors more. Perhaps an off camera flash is needed but whatever it is, I plan on taking the photos to a new level. Ok, now that I've vented, I must say that the shadows on the cup are kind of cool, especially considering this is in the absence of flash or directional lighting. It's all fluorescent lights and yet it can produce some stark shadows. Lesson for me tonight is to use what you have at your disposal and to also not get stuck in a rut. Anyway, enjoy and be prepared for things to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment