Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Project 365: #67 - Streams of Light

67 of 365 by caliguyinmn
67 of 365 a photo by caliguyinmn on Flickr.
I really enjoy long exposures because of the effects light can create when you leave the shutter open for extended periods of time. However, to get the shot that you really connect with, it can take numerous attempts. Needless to say, there have been few days over the last five months that have been suited for spending much time standing outside. Well I think (fingers crossed on both hands) those days are behind us. Tonight I went on an overpass facing toward the SLP water tower and let loose the shutter. I am a fan of the way the lights portray motion. You can almost imagine the cars zooming by. The next time I shoot a similar type shot it will be with a much tighter aperture and a more deliberate spot as I aim to go for the "Wow!" factor. I'm excited there will be many more nights of outdoor shooting to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment