Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Project 365: #68 - Almost, Eloise

68 of 365 by caliguyinmn
68 of 365 a photo by caliguyinmn on Flickr.
As I walked by Target Field tonight on my way to the ramp, I did something crazy. I went outside to get a look at the stadium and the snow that has not completely melted. When I was on the pavilion I was struck by the expressions on the statue of Carl and Eloise Polad. It's as if they came to the ballpark and realized that it was closed. Carl seems to have a look of mild disappointment and Eloise is looking at him as if to say, "When will the team be playing again?" Well rest assured one and all, we are but weeks away from baseball being back for the summer. I really liked the shadows that the late afternoon sun cast. It helps create a mood of sadness, especially when you notice the snow still in the background. Soon the pavilion will be packed with eager and excited fans and Carl and Eloise will be just faces in the crowd. But for now, they take center stage as the #1 fans of their Minnesota Twins.

No comments:

Post a Comment