Sunday, March 13, 2011

Project 365: #65 - Naked Trees

65 of 365 by caliguyinmn
65 of 365 a photo by caliguyinmn on Flickr.

As I drove to church tonight I lamented the wintery wonderland that was still present. But, then I decided to get over myself and looked closer at the details. This photo is representative of what I saw up and down the road. Naked trees are everywhere. What was so eye-catching about this particular shot was the colors of the sky. Where the sun met a cloudless sky, colors changed from yellow to blue. There is even a hint of red/pink in the sky. The best part about this shot is not so much the picture by itself but the time it was taken. It was after 6 and the sun hadn't even entertained the thought of setting. So despite the trees still being as bare as ever and snow not quite ready to retreat, the days are getting longer. And for that, I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment