Friday, March 25, 2011

Project 365: #77 - Frozen Bay

77 of 365 by caliguyinmn
77 of 365, a photo by caliguyinmn on Flickr.
So after taking a number of good shots while at a bowling event today, I decided I rather do something different. I wanted to go back to one of my favorite place and introduce the 20D to a place it can expect to be quite often this summer. I absolute love Excelsior, and despite it being completely frozen over still, I wanted to make sure to get a photo I didn't just like. I wanted to get a photo I really, really loved. This photo is just that shot. Long exposures are a blast to see come together with good composition. Not only did I like the scene itself but also really liked the flare of the lamppost. I did do a little bit of editing getting a nice icy look to the photo, but I promise, this does a much better job of conveying the cold than a warm, orangish photo that the available light provided. If I'm going to keep getting shots I really love, I need to find them. They are not going to find me.

No comments:

Post a Comment