Sunday, May 29, 2011

Project 365: #142 - Burning Love

142 of 365 by caliguyinmn
142 of 365, a photo by caliguyinmn on Flickr.
I have been intrigued by long exposure shots utilizing light and fire to make designs for sometime. Tonight was my first time giving it a real go of an attempt. Although fire can be risky to experiment with, it sure does create a striking photo. This was taken in my basement with the lights all off and the use of a match and hair spray. The entirety of the photo was created in less than 10 seconds in one single exposure. I did have to darken the dark areas to remove visible signs of my hands but otherwise, this is a relatively unedited photo. Although this has little practical application for my professional endeavors, it is an absolute blast to play with. And who said playing with fire isn't fun?!

No comments:

Post a Comment