Sunday, May 15, 2011

Project 365: #128 - Lending a Hand

128 of 365 by caliguyinmn
128 of 365, a photo by caliguyinmn on Flickr.
Today rather than listen to a sermon, we went around the community helping out with various organizations. It was awesome to get to see what all we were doing as a church community. This photo was actually taken at the last place I stopped by, PRISM, People Responding in Social Ministry. The group here was helping with a variety of tasks including moving cars. I took this opportunity to practice backlight shooting. With this photo I wanted them slightly illuminated which proved tricky with the stark contrast between the lighting inside and outside. It often produces a silhouette which isn't what I wanted, so after experimenting, I finally produced this. I really like the subtle details that stand out so I will consider this a success. Whatever will tomorrow bring? We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment