Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Project 365: #138 - Free Lensed Rings

138 of 365 by caliguyinmn
138 of 365, a photo by caliguyinmn on Flickr.
I know I'm still months away from shooting my first wedding, but I have been thinking about ideas for photographing the rings. A couple months back I heard about a technique called free lensing. Simply, it is a way of shooting macro shots by taking pictures with the lens off camera. As this photo shows, it is far from an easy technique to master. I am FAR from where I want to be in September, but just the fact that there is a sign of promise is exciting. This means I should be able to take macro photos without investing $500 dollars to do so. Now, of course I may entertain the purchase down the road, but I much prefer the challenge of this method. Let the practice continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment