Monday, May 9, 2011

Project 365: #122 - Silky Water

122 of 365 by caliguyinmn
122 of 365, a photo by caliguyinmn on Flickr.
I've been thinking about doing this kind of photo since the start of the project, but as you might imagine, that isn't all that possible until the water is in its liquid form. It was a gorgeous day, hovering in the 60s and 70s. To get this shot, I had to wait until the sun was all but set so I could do a long exposure to get the silky effect without overexposing. Unfortunately, this was the only "waterfall" I could make it to tonight but rest assured, as soon as I can I'll be taking a similar shot of Minnehaha Falls and the many waterfalls that are scattered along the north shore of Lake Superior. I really do enjoy these type of photos but color is an aspect to them that is difficult to perfect. Always something I want to work on!

No comments:

Post a Comment