Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Project 365: #95 - Pinch Hitter

95 of 365 by caliguyinmn
95 of 365, a photo by caliguyinmn on Flickr.
Today I began the day not knowing what I wanted to shoot. Within the first 15 minutes of work that decision had been made. I had access to Twins tickets, but not just any seats. They were row 8. My eyes lit up and I snatched them, excited to watch the Twins and take photos with the L-Series zoom lens. Oh man was it fun. Yes, I'm referring to the action of the game as well as shooting sports action. The only slight bump in the road was the screen between the field and seats. For lesser cameras, this screen would not cause any issues but when you start getting prosumer cameras they can focus in on the minutest of details. Well it did its job and I had to work on a new skill that I was not expecting to. Manual focus. It is challenging, but when done right the resulting photos are stunning and perhaps a bit sharper than with autofocus. So here is today's shot. Jim Thome has long been one of my favorite hitters so I had to shoot him tonight when he got a pinch hit opportunity. On another positive note, the Twins won!

No comments:

Post a Comment