Monday, April 18, 2011

Project 365: #101 - Locomotion

101 of 365 by caliguyinmn
101 of 365, a photo by caliguyinmn on Flickr.
The keyword of the night is "motion". I went down to The Depot in Hopkins tonight to shoot the iconic venue. I got some great shots but nothing that moved me. Just as I was ready to leave thinking I had gotten a good shot. I heard the train off in the distance. I instantly ran toward the tracks and setup just in time to catch this shot. It was no rush per se, but I did have to quickly determine the proper shutter speed and aperture to get the desired photo. I can honestly say, I've not been this excited about a photo in some time. Everything was ideal; an ominous sky, an angle that makes the rain seem endless, awesome textures and a long train. The only postprocessing I did was on the grass and the sky to help increase the effect already present. Man, I love photography!

No comments:

Post a Comment