Thursday, April 21, 2011

Project 365: #104 - La Fleur

104 of 365 by caliguyinmn
104 of 365, a photo by caliguyinmn on Flickr.
As I looked over my photos in the series, I was appalled to see a severe lack of photos of flowers. I do recognize that to this point, I've been trapped in the cold, lifeless tundra of a Minnesota winter. However, that's no excuse, especially seeing as how important photographing flowers is in shooting a wedding. I intentionally dropped the aperture to f/1.4 so I could experiment with the effect created by having a smaller area in focus. It makes for a good looking shot, but it is worth noting that it is important to pay special attention to what part of the frame is in focus. Does it capture the desired effect? In case I haven't said it enough, my 50mm lens is my favorite. It takes amazing photos with incredible background blur.

No comments:

Post a Comment