Sunday, April 17, 2011

Project 365: #100 - K2

100 of 365 by caliguyinmn
100 of 365, a photo by caliguyinmn on Flickr.
Today was a tougher day to get a photo. It's cold, I have a headache and had schoolwork to do. But if I've made it 99 days before today, I had to keep going. This project has been sort of like climbing a mountain. Ok, not really but play along. When I think of a mountain or peak, K2 comes to mind. It was interesting that as I was downstairs doing laundry, this pair of rollerblades caught my eye. Just like I'm feeling a bit worn down, these blades look like they have seen better days. But yet if they were to be put on and laced up, they'd perform as always. I really like the detail I captured in this shot that shows how aged and worn they are. It's not a flashy photo for #100, but it captures the essence of this project so well. The details are what hold value, not just some amazing scene. A photographer should look for what's interesting in even the most mundane. So 100 passes without much fanfare, but I challenge you as I have to look back on the previous 100 shots. It has been an awesome journey and we aren't even a third of the way done yet. More fun to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment