Friday, April 8, 2011

Project 365: #91 - First Love

91 of 365 by caliguyinmn
91 of 365, a photo by caliguyinmn on Flickr.
Sometimes the best things to photograph are things that bring you back to your youth. Although I wasn't as young as many boys when they first fell in love with baseball in its simplest form, it still takes me back. In fact, the glove in the photo is my first, a Rawlings Nolan Ryan model. If that doesn't date itself, nothing much will. I went for an aged but edgy look with this photo and think it turned out well. Depth of field plays a big role in creating the desired mood of the photo as well, as with many of my photos. I just hope that every boy gets the same opportunity to fall in love with the game. All you need is a ball and glove and that is a piece of heaven here on earth. Fathers, if you love baseball, it is your duty to pass along that love. Not only will you be sharing a great gift with your son but you will have the opportunity to share something with your son for the rest of your life. Play catch any chance you get!

No comments:

Post a Comment