Monday, April 11, 2011

Project 365: #94 - Squirrel!

94 of 365 by caliguyinmn
94 of 365, a photo by caliguyinmn on Flickr.
I don't all that often go on "nature walks" but today, I went out with that specific intent. I brought with me the zoom lens today and focused my gaze upwards toward the bare trees. I can't wait til they are full of leaves but it is quite amazing how much more you can see at this stage of spring. Birds and squirrels are everywhere and they seem rather curious. This squirrel stared at me well beyond when I had the camera on him. He didn't make a single move. It always helps when they stay still because it sure does not happen often. Whether you think of them as rats with a busy tail or a cute woodland creature, they are pretty cool to photograph. This shot would not look nearly as good with any other lens. I still need to get better shooting with it though because this will be the one I rely on for the candid shots at weddings and I want to perfect those. Nothing like using a squirrel as a test subject. He didn't appear to mind one bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment