Saturday, April 30, 2011

Project 365: #113 - Prom Pics

113 of 365 by caliguyinmn
113 of 365, a photo by caliguyinmn on Flickr.
It finally cleared up after a rainy first half of the day. I was ready to go out and shoot. I headed over to Centennial Lakes to go for a walk with a certain shot in mind. However, as has been the case with many photos during the Project 365, I ended up capturing something more interesting than what I intended. You couldn't turn anywhere without seeing either a wedding party or prom group. It must have been the single most groups of people in one place for separate formal events I've seen. There were at least 3 wedding parties and 2 prom groups. It was madness. But, as I walked through and around the groups I noticed a group of parents positioning their daughters, trying to capture the perfect shot. It was funny but provided for a good photo for me. I really was caught by the reflection of all the dresses in the lake. The colors are so vibrant and beautiful. I love all the parents with their point and shoot cameras acting like professionals, trying to get that perfect pose. It's their moment as much as it is their daughters. I have my first prom shoot in a couple weeks. Maybe I'll have to get the students to come down here as it provides for a stunning backdrop.

No comments:

Post a Comment