Sunday, April 3, 2011

Project 365: #86 - Impatient Duck

86 of 365 by caliguyinmn
86 of 365, a photo by caliguyinmn on Flickr.
Despite an awesome day with temperatures well into the 50's, I was shocked to see ducks out on the lake. Don't they know it's still frozen?! This guy wasn't the only duck to be walking the frozen lake. They were aplenty and fought for the few patches of water, leaving the rest to search out melted spots further in toward the middle. Although I think they are all just a bit crazy, I understand what must be motivating them to be on the lake prematurely. I too want nothing more than summer to be here and have on numerous occasions forced myself outdoors well before it was comfortable to do so. Soon enough the ice will completely disappear and ducks will flock, swim and nest. We all long for those days, humans and ducks alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment