Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Project 365: #89 - Brightest Star

89 of 365 by caliguyinmn
89 of 365, a photo by caliguyinmn on Flickr.
Another walk around the lake and oh was it a beautiful day. There were few clouds but one of the few helped make this photo pretty cool. I often have wanted a good sun shot but never really liked how they turned out. So, today I focused on shooting the sun. I soon realized that if I wanted the sun to actually look like something other than white light, all I had to do was tighten the aperture to f/20 or higher. I really enjoy this one because it is rather unique in that it created a lot of flares through the lens. Normally this would not be what I wanted, but it's funny how lens flares and sun shots just work. The sun looks like the large star it is. It's really amazing how I can get this camera to take the shots I want. Still there is much to learn but I continue to surprise myself with the shots I know how to create. I can't wait to see what more I will discover!

No comments:

Post a Comment