Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Project 365: #145 - Artsy Smoke

145 of 365 by caliguyinmn
145 of 365, a photo by caliguyinmn on Flickr.
I seem to be drawn to subjects that aren't by themselves that aesthetically appealing. However, Iam really starting to see things in a totally different way. Anyone who knows me knows that I will never pick up a cigarette, but man do I see something cool when I look at the smoke coming from it. A cigarette is far from what I would consider a pleasing photo, yet somehow I have been able to capture something I rather enjoy. I think the challenge of making unappealing subjects look stunning has been a motivating factor. Now, yes, this has been edited to get the desired effect but this is what I saw when shooting the subject. I still have so much to learn and the more I learn, the more I realize how much I have yet to. The education continues tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment