Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Project 365: #165 - Intricate Metal Work

165 of 365 by caliguyinmn
165 of 365, a photo by caliguyinmn on Flickr.
Tonight was an experiment night. Although I was very much intentional about the photo itself, I was more focused on applying a post-processing technique. There is an interesting plug-in for Lightroom that allows you to essentially use layers, a Photoshop tool. I was going for a textured look that makes the photo look like it was much older than it is. There are some minute details I notice that I want to improve in future attempts, but nonetheless it is a usefully powerful tool. I see a number of implications and can see me using this to stylize various shoots. It's funny how a rather small change can create such a unique feel. So, today you get to view a photo unlike anything I have taken to this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment