Sunday, June 26, 2011

Project 365: #169 - Session with Sis

169 of 365 by caliguyinmn
169 of 365, a photo by caliguyinmn on Flickr.
I know that when it comes to photography, I can get annoying, at least to friends and family who have to put up with me. My sister humored me while I was home and let me shoot her for just a bit. It was for fun but also to practice with the toughest lighting for me to deal with; high noon sun. It creates very harsh shadows and is near impossible to escape. About 90% of the photos were just not what I wanted. However, there were a few like this one where the shadow on her face was mostly even and the sun washed out the background, which is the desired look. The more I practice the better I'm bound to get, but I still much prefer late afternoon light where you get more shade and flattering light. I'm spoiled too because I can use trees even at noon for shade here in Minnesota. California is a different story altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment