Monday, June 27, 2011

Project 365: #171 - Big Church

171 of 365 by caliguyinmn
171 of 365, a photo by caliguyinmn on Flickr.
How is it that I live near two of the most famous catholic churches in the country and haven't yet featured one as my photo of the day. The architecture of these buildings has always captured my attention. They are so intricately done. I suppose in building a house of worship it make sense that you'd probably not cut too many corners. I thought initially today that I'd be satisfied with a standard shot in wide-angle of the basilica. I mean the dome is stunning. But what I caught myself looking at more were the angles when you slightly changed perspective. This photo especially is cool to me because of the smaller building on the left how it is dwarfed by the main building and huge window. Architecture is a difficult subject to photograph in such a way that it is new and appealing but that's why I try.

No comments:

Post a Comment