Thursday, June 9, 2011

Project 365: #152 - Tender Moment

152 of 365 by caliguyinmn
152 of 365, a photo by caliguyinmn on Flickr.
At long last, one of the sessions I'd been looking forward to for quite some time was happening. I've known Dana and Stacy since the first week I was in Minnesota. It's kind of crazy to think that it was exactly 5 years ago. They were actually some of my first test subjects I practiced with when I got my 20D and I had been promising them a real engagement session. So, weather cooperated and schedules meshed well. I really think this photo defines the style I want to continue to develop with my photography. It uses the natural lighting to soften the feel of the photo while still maintaing sharp, crisp detail. Although I seem to get one or two spot-on photos like this per session, I really need to practice getting nearly every shot to have the same or similar look. Yesterday was only half of the total shoot with part two to come in the near future, so I will be practicing a lot more on getting back to this type of look. Session preview coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment