Sunday, June 12, 2011

Project 365: #156 - A Bygone Era

156 of 365 by caliguyinmn
156 of 365, a photo by caliguyinmn on Flickr.
Today was one of those days I was grateful to have my camera on me. I've read and heard that the single biggest piece of advice to improve your photography is to have your camera on you as much as possible. It may sound like a rather basic tip, but it has not ceased to amaze me how my favorite photos keep tending toward the ones I take that I wasn't planning on. Today was no exception. I knew opportunities should exist with all the grad parties, but I could never have foreseen there being an elaborate train set in the basement of one of the houses. It was incredible! This photo doesn't even begin to do it justice. It was so thoughtfully designed, down to the most intricate of details in attempt to replicate an actual place as it was 50 years ago. So black and white was the only way to tell the story of this photo. It was a real treasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment