Friday, September 23, 2011

Project 365: #247 - New Moon

247 of 365 by caliguyinmn
247 of 365, a photo by caliguyinmn on Flickr.
This title is not in reference to the movie nor the actual phase of the moon. Rather, I am referring to it being my next attempt at capturing the seemingly white orb in the sky. Although the moon doesn't change all that much month to month or year after year, I committed to myself to take another stab at photographing it. I spent quite a bit of time trying to get the exposure exactly as I wanted and then dedicated a bit of time to cropping and sharpening the image. It is amazing what a bit of fine tuning can do to turn an ok image into one that stands out just enough more to make the difference. Just look at the minute detail of the moon. I didn't do too much but what little I did makes it possible to see those details.

No comments:

Post a Comment