Friday, September 9, 2011

Project 365: #235 - Birthday Boy


235 of 365 by caliguyinmn
235 of 365, a photo by caliguyinmn on Flickr.

One of the best places to take a picture is at a birthday party. I always enjoy looking at the many photos people take and really wanted to try my hand at capturing my favorite moment; when the candles are blown out. For this shot, I really had to know my camera and the settings needed. I couldn't rely on the camera to determine exposure because it would have overexposed the shot for the look I wanted. So manual mode it was. I also decided not to do burst shooting. I feel like I'm cheating a bit when I let the camera fire off 15 shots in 2 seconds. I want to get better, not get lucky. This photo is one of those that I look at and feel like I really am starting to combine the technical knowledge with the ability to see the shot I want before I take it. Now I just need to do it more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment