Monday, September 12, 2011

Project 365: #240 - EB Sunset

240 of 365 by caliguyinmn
240 of 365, a photo by caliguyinmn on Flickr.
This shot is undoubtedly one of my absolute favorites I've ever taken. I know my portfolio is still relatively thin, but this photo was the perfect combination of technical skill, knowing my equipment, picturing the shot beforehand, composing and execution. This shot is unedited, which is very rare for me, but why mess with a shot you already like. The secret to this photo is held in the use of a neutral density filter. By placing this nifty device over my lens, I was able to leave the shutter open for 2 minutes without overexposing the photo. It allowed me to capture the movement of the clouds and to smooth out the lake. I would love to seek out scenery like this every chance I get. Now if only I could find a way to make a good living doing this! Oh, and in case there is any question, I am looking and one day will find such an opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment